Tomer Toledo, Associate Professor
Transportation and Geo-Information Engineering
||Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology,
Haifa 32000, Israel
Large-scale traffic simulation
Intelligent transportation systems
Transportation network analysis
Dynamic traffic management systems
2003 Ph.D. in Transportation Systems, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
1998 M.Sc. in Civil Engineering (Transportation and Highways), Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
1995 B.Sc. Summa Cum Laude in Civil Engineering, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
2011-2012 Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, MIT
2011-present Associate Professor, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion
2005-2011 Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion
2004-2005 Visiting Scientist, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion
2002-2005 Research Associate, Center for Transportation and Logistics, MIT
1998-2002 Research Assistant, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, MIT
1995-1998 Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion
2006 Royal Society Incoming Short-term Visit Fellow, University of Leeds.
2005-2007 Horev Fellow of the Leaders in Science and Technology Program, Technion
2003 Transportation Science and Logistics Dissertation Prize, honorable mention, INFORMS
2002 Eric Pas Dissertation Prize in Travel Behavior Research, honorable mention, IATBR
1998 Michael Golan Graduate Thesis Prize in Transportation Research, Technion
1993 Nissim Sacchi Prize for excellence in study of Structural Statics, Technion
- Emmanuel Abbe, Diploma, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), 2002. Behavioral modeling: generalized extreme value for discrete choice models (Second advisor: M. Ben-Akiva)
- Joseph Scariza, M.Sc., MIT, 2003. Evaluation of ramp metering algorithms (Primary advisor: M. Ben-Akiva)
- Ross Beinhaker, M.Eng., MIT, 2004. The impact of intelligent transportation systems on supply chain management
- Emily Sterzin, M.Sc., MIT, 2004. Modeling influencing factors in a microscopic traffic simulator (Primary advisor: M. Ben-Akiva)
- Dan Florian, M.Sc., MIT, 2004. Simulation-based evaluation of advanced traveler information systems (Primary advisor: M. Ben-Akiva)
- Bhanu P. Mahanti, M.Sc., MIT, 2004. Aggregate calibration of microscopic traffic simulation models (Primary advisor: M. Ben-Akiva)
- Charisma Choudhury, M.Sc., MIT, 2005. Modeling lane-changing behavior in presence of exclusive lanes (Primary advisor: M. Ben-Akiva)
- Carmine Gioia, Ph.D., Copenhagen Business School, 2005. A microeconometric analysis of mergers and acquisitions (Primary advisor: S. Thomsen)
- David Zohar, M.Sc., Technion, 2006. Detailed modeling of the lane changing action.
- Lena Reznikova, M.Sc., Technion, 2007. Algorithms for cross nested logit stochastic user equilibrium. (Second advisor: S. Bekhor)
- Wafa Elias, Ph.D., Technion, 2008. The effect of activity patterns on road accidents: case studies of bypassed towns (Primary advisor: Y. Shiftan).
- Romina Katz, M.Sc., Technion, 2008. State dependence in lane changing models.
- Oded Cats, M.Sc., Technion, 2008. Mesoscopic simulation for transit operations.
- Tatiana Kolichkina, M.Sc., Technion, 2010. Off-line estimation of origin-destination travel matrices.
- Sharona Halon, M.Sc., Technion, 2010. Enforcement effects on road safety
- Zohar Elias, M.Sc., Technion, 2010. A model for prediction of traffic event in freeways.
- Itzik Klein, Ph.D., Technion, 2011. Mitigating INS drift by software solutions. (Second advisor: S. Filin)
- Ofir Hilvert, M.Sc., Technion, 2011. Models of parking search behavior. (Second advisor: S. Bekhor)