Michal Green, Professor at the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion, Haifa Israel.
Major Research Activities:
Michal Green specializes in water and wastewater treatment. Together with her research
group and students, advanced biological and chemical processes for the water pollution
abatement and wastewater reuse are investigated.
Prof. Green's group is currently involved in several research projects including the following:
- Hydrogenotrophic denitrification of groundwater
- ion exchange and bioregeneration for nitrate removal from waters
- Electrospun Nanotubes Encapsulating Bacteria for Water Treatment
- Perchlorate removal from water
- Constructed Wetlands for Wastewater Treatment.
Prof. Green has authored and/or co-authored more than 80 publications in leading journals, books, and encyclopedias and supervised more than 40 graduate students.
Currently Prof. Green is the Chairperson of the Israel Society of Ecology & Environmental. . Posts at the Technion have included: Technion dean of students, deputy dean of research and graduate studies; head of the interfaculty program for undergraduate studies in environmental engineering, and more.