2000 – Ph.D. Failure detection and isolation in greenhouses. Faculty of Agricultural Engineering. Technion-IIT, Haifa, Israel
1995 – M.Sc. Simultaneous CO2 enrichment and ventilation of greenhouses. Faculty of Agricultural Engineering. Technion-IIT, Haifa, Israel
1990 – Diplôme d’Ingénieur Civil. Faculty of Electro-Mechanical Engineering. Brussels Free University.
08/2014-02/2015: Sabbatical leave at Faculty of Biological and Agricultural Engineering, University of California Davis (CA, USA)
2011-Present: Associate Professor. Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Technion
2005-2011: Senior Lecturer. Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Technion.
2002-2005: Post-Doctorate. Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Technion.
2001-2002: Post-Doctorate. Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering. Cornell University.
2000-2001: Research Associate. Faculty of Agricultural Engineering. Technion.
Completed Theses (Ph.D.)
- Segal Y. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of organic fouling of ultrafiltration membranes for wastewater treatment. (S.A.: Dosoretz, C.).
- Segal-Rozenhaimer M. Environmental fate of semivolatile pesticides in the atmosphere: Implementation of FTIR techniques in the investigation of heterogeneous reactions. (P.A.: Dubowski Y.).
- Bamberger E. Combined use of ERT and vadoze zone flow modeling for improved estimation of soil water content. (S.A.: Furman, A.).
- Kira, O. Monitoring of aerosols by open-path FTIR. (S. A.: Dubowski, Y.).
- Rinot, O. Improved prediction of nitrogen mineralization processes in soils. (P. A.: Shaviv, A.).
- Tardi-Ovadia R. Development of a method for detection and identification of the phyto-pathogens Helminthosporium solani and Colletotrichum coccodes on Solanum tuberosum. (S. A.: Tsor, L.).
Completed Theses (M.Sc.)
- David-Horowitz V. Assessment of fruit mealiness. (Principal Advisor: Shmulevich I.)
- Borenstein A. Direct determination of nitrate in agricultural soils using FTIR/ATR spectroscopy. (Secondary Advisor: Shaviv A.)
- Wiener M. Reduction of soil interference in the direct-determination of nitrate by ATR-FTIR spectroscopy. (S.A.: Shaviv A.)
- Blass T. Navigation algorithm for autonomous vehicle operating in orchards. (S.A.: Shmulevich I.).
- Scholnik R. Shrouded turbine control in ‘Energy Tower’. (S.A.: Guetta R.).
- Agmail, W. MIMO control of temperature and humidity inside greenhouses cooled by fogging systems. (S.A.: Arbel A.).
- Elkabetz M. Fusion of non-destructive methods for quality assessment of apples. (P.A.: Shmulevich I.).
- Kushnir, V. Development of an artificial vision system for real-time estimation of cow breathing rate.
- Nenner U. Control of single track robotic vehicle. (S.A.: Gutman P.O.).
- Hammami, H. Detection of defects and diseases in citrus and mango fruits based on hyperspectral imaging system.
- Orlov, Y. Investigation of eggshell crack propagation and eggshell strength parameters. (S.A.: Spektor, B.)
- Alony, A. Imaging of spatial and temporal bio-chemical variations in the rhizosphere zone by laser induced auto-fluorescence.
- Kira, O. New measuring method combining FTIR-ATR spectroscopy and stable isotopes to investigate the kinetics of nitrogen transformations in soils. (S.A.: Shaviv, A.).
- Lousky, M. Integration of a plant model in a greenhouse decision support system.
- Dromi, I. Detection of underground spaces using BOTDR (P.A.: Klar, A.)
- Nachum, M. Trajectory planning and guidance of a robotic arm for tree pruning. (S.A.: Gutman, S.).
- Nir, O. Modeling of tree structure using robotic arm for pruning.
- Shaked, M. Combination of coarse and fine visual servoing control for a polar precision sprayer.
- Tune, M. BOTDR base system for automated detection of sinkhole formation. (S. A.: Klar, A.)
- Dekel-Ben Yaakov, V. Stress detection in plants by thermic hyperspectral sensor SPECIM LWIR. (S. A.: Alchantis, V.).
Theses in Progress (Ph.D.)
- Orlov, Y.Non-destructive optical measurements for in-situ incvestiagtoin of 'Golden Delicious' apple development from petal fall till the end of June drop. (S.A.: Spektor, B.).
Theses in Progress (M.Sc.)
- Herrmann, S. Leakage-induced pipeline stressing. (P. A.: Klar, A.). Thesis submitted.
- Jamal, A. Utilizing probabilistic weather forecasting for optimal irrigation scheduling. (S.A.: Housh, M., Haifa Univ.). Thesis submitted.
- Levavi, I. (Haifa Univ.). Sensors-based irrigation of greenhouse tomatoes (S.A.: Greenbaum, N., Haifa Univ.). Expected graduation July 2017.