* Locomotion and mobility - mainly dynamic locomotion such as dynamic climbing robots
* Non-linear dynamics - for hybrid, non-smooth systems such as hopping and climbing robots
* Field robotics - autonomous vehicles in outdoors/unstructured environmental.
* Agricultural Robotics - Optimal mechanical design, autonomous precision agriculture.
* Planning, sensing and executing complex tasks in unstructured environments with applications in Agricultural, Environmental and Civil Engineering, including fruit picking, search and rescue, inspecting buildings after earth-quacks, etc.
* Minimalism in design - Can you build a climbing robot with one motor? no sensors? how much computation do you need in order to complete a given task?
* Kinematics (singularity analysis of parallel mechanisms)
* Mechanical design