+972-4-8295696 (attn. POGutman)
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering Technion - Israel Institute of Technology Haifa 32000, Israel
Invitation to Graduate Students: Some Topics for Thesis Research
- Control of an autonomous motorcycle
- Handling and riding control for off-road vehicles
- Integration of Feedback Control and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Greenhouse control and failure detection in greenhouses
- Control of quality variables in wine manufacturing
- Control of an aero-electric power station
- Control of mechanical systems with non-differentiable non-linearities, e.g. back-lash compensation for motion control
- Algorithms for Adaptive Robust Control
- Computer aided robust control systems design
- Optimal water allocation
- Model Predictive Control for Uncertain Systems with Constraints with Output Feedback
- Model Predictive Control for piecewise linear systems.
- Model Reference Adaptive Control of Distributed Systems
- Control of a stair walking assist robot
- Traffic flow control, e.g. control of signalized intersections, or dynamic toll determination.
- Active earth-quake mitigation control for buildings.
- 014004 Systems Analysis.
- 014928 Automatic Control Laboratory
- 015019 Introduction to Control
- 017003 Systems and Control
- 017004 Control Systems Design. Course description, handouts, and the User Manual for Qsyn - the Toolbox for Robust Control Systems Design for use with Matlab can be inspected and downloaded here
- B.Sc. (1973), Lund University, Sweden.
- M.Sc (1977), University of California, Los Angeles
- Ph.D. (1982), Department of Automatic Control, Lund University, Sweden
- 2009-2010 Ingénieur/Chercheur. Commissariat à l'énergie atomique, CEA-LIST DIASI/Interactive Robotics Laboratory, Fontenay-aux-Roses, France (sabbatical year).
- 2008 Guest professor Department of Signals and Systems, Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, Sweden. (summer)
- 1988-2008 Guest professor, Division of Optimization & Systems Theory, Department of Mathematics, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden. (1-2 months/year)
- 2007 - Professor Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
- 2005-2006 Visiting Professor, Dipartimento di Ingegneria, Università del Sannio, Benevento, Italy (sabbatical year).
- 1995-1996 Directeur de recherche CNRS associé/ Professeur associé, Laboratoire d'Automatique de Grenoble, ENSIEG/INPG, Grenoble, France (sabbatical year).