2001 Ph.D. Environmental Engineering Science, California Institute of Technology.
1998 M.S. M.S., Environmental Engineering Science, California Institute of Technology.
1996 M.S. Institute of Earth Sciences, Hebrew University in Jerusalem.
1993 B.S. Institute of Earth Sciences, Hebrew University in Jerusalem.
2012-present: Associated Professor Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion, Israel
2005-2011 Senior lecturer Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Technion, Israel
2004-2005 Assistant Specialist Department of Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, USA
2002-2004 Postdoctoral Scholar Department of Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, USA
2001-2002 Postdoctoral Scholar Department of Earth, Atmosphere and Planetary Science, MIT, USA
2016-present: Academic director Technion International School – Civil Engineering Program
2013-present: Departmental and Faculty Committees for undergraduate studies
2012-2016: Academic coordinator of Technion Environ. Eng. undergraduate program.
2009-2013: Departmental Committee for graduate studies.
2006-2009: Departmental and Faculty Committees for undergraduate studies.
Completed PhD theses
- 2010, Sivan Class, Removal of heavy metals by their stable incorporation into ferrites at ambient temperature: process development and modeling, and application to wastewater from a plating and galvanization industries. (Primary supervisor O. Lahav, Co-supervisor: Y. Dubowski).
- 2010, Michal Segal-Rozenhiemer, Environmental Fate of Semi-Volatile Pesticides in the Atmosphere: Implementation of FTIR techniques in the investigation of Heterogeneous Reactions. (Primary supervisor: Y. Dubowski, Co-supervisor: R. linker)
- 2010, Lauren Patrick, Interfacial oxidation of common indoor air pollutants: a case study of nicotine and linalool.
- 2013, Efrat Dinnerman, Fate of chlorpyrifos under semiarid conditions and its impact on chlorpyrifos loss from orchard soil surface. (Primary supervisor E. Friedler; Co-supervisor: Y. Dubowski).
- 2016, Oz Kira – Monitoring pesticide drift using Open-Path FTIR (Primary supervisor R. Linker, Co-supervisor: Y. Dubowski)
- 2017, Ohad Zivan – Primary and secondary pesticide drift under sub-humid climate. (Primary supervisor: Y. Dubowski , Co-supervisor Y. Buchbut-Raviv)
- 2017, Revital Tzolker – Real-time monitoring of N-species isotopes by FTIR spectroscopy; A novel tool to investigate short-term isotope dynamics and N2O formation in soil. Expected completion 2014 (Primary supervisor A. Shaviv, Co-supervisor: Y. Dubowski).
- 2018, Yuval Alfiya – Personal care products (PCPs) as source for micropollutants in Greywater – Identification, quantification and on-site treatment (Primary supervisor: Y. Dubowski, Co-supervisor E. Friedler)
Completed M.Sc. theses
- 2009, Noam Latti – Special variance in the fraction of soluble organic carbon in aerosols in the Haifa region. (Primary supervisor D. Broday, Co-supervisor: Y. Dubowski).
- 2009, Baransi Katie – Effect of photocatalytic degradation and adsorption processes on the removal of phenolic compounds. (Primary supervisor Y. Dubowski, Co-Advisor: I. Sabbah)
- 2010, Liad Derri – Identification and quantification of odorous compounds in the National Water Carrier and the potential to remove them by activated carbon.
- 2010, Elina Ofer-Rozovsky – Stabilization of the ferrite crystal as part of a process aimed at heavy metals removal from industrial wastes at ambient temperature (ATFP). (Primary supervisor Y. Dubowski, Co-supervisor O. Lahav)
- 2011, Miriam Khodorkovsky – spatial and temporal distribution of selected pesticide and their derivatives in the streams in the Hula basin. (Primary supervisor Y. Dubowski, Co-advisor E. Friedler)
- 2011, Natalya Vasilkov – Decontamination of nerve agents using in-situ photooxidation.
- 2011, Alona Svidovsky – Adsorption and Desorption of Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS) in Indoor Environment.
- 2012, Ohad Zivan – Organophosphates in Hula Basin: atmospheric levels, transport, degradation products.
- 2012, Dotan Charuh – FTIR spectroscopy as a tool for real-time monitoring of isotopically labeled N2O emission from soils. (Primary supervisor Y. Dubowski, Co-supervisor: A. Shaviv)
- 2013, Roni Greenberg Eitan – Removal of trihalomethane precursors by nanofilteraion in the Israeli National Water Carrier system. (Primary supervisor Y. Dubowski, Co-supervisor M. Rebhun)
- 2015, Adva Arnon – Detection of pesticide spray drift using active Open-Pass FTIR (Primary supervisor Y. Dubowski, Co-supervisor R. Linker)
- 2015, Adva Shalev – Removal of Triclosan from greywater by innovative V-UV/UVC process. (Primary supervisor: E. Friedler, Co-supervisor Y. Dubowski)
- 2016, Maisa Inibtawi– Brominated flame retardants in cars’ dust (Primary supervisor D. Broday, Co-supervisor Y. Dubowski)
- 2018, Ran Darzi – FTIR systems for tracking N2O and NH3 emission while testing nitrogen use efficiency in greenhouse experiments with advanced nitrogen fertilization (Primary supervisor Y. Dubowski, Co-supervisor A. Shaviv).
- 2019, Doron Kutzman – Assessing the impact of a polymeric spray drift retardant adjuvant on the reduction of airborne pesticides
PhD theses in progress
- 2017, Merav Barkat –Indoor vs outdoor concentrations of volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds in preschools at the Haifa Bay area.
- 2017, Batya Friezer – Reducing the area affected by wind-convected aerosols (Primary supervisor Y. Dubowski, Co-supervisor R. Richman)
- 2018, Ran Darzi – Hydrothermal liquefaction of plastic materials at subcritical water conditions (Primary supervisor Y. Dubowski, Co-supervisor R. Posmanik)
- 2018, Yaron Aviezer – Determining the efficiency and kinetics of super critical water oxidation on RO brine of secondary municipal effluents, for minimizing discharge of refractory organic species (Primary supervisor O. Lahav, Co-supervisor Y. Dubowski)
MSc theses in progress
- 2018 Debra Barki – Development of advanced V-UV oxidation process for the removal of organic materials from groundwater. Expected graduation 2020