פזיולוגיה של צמחים
עקות סביבה [מים, מלח, מינרלים]
מנגנונים מולקולרים וביופיסיקלים של בקרת גדילה
1. Miller JDA, Neumann PM, Elford P, Wakerley DS. 1970 Malate dismutation by Desulfovibrio. Arch. Mikrobiol.71: 214-219.
2. Neumann PM, Palmer JM. 1971. Early effects of auxin on growth and nucleic-acid metabolism in sterile pea stems. J. Exp. Botany 23: 915-921.
3. Neumann PM 1971. Possible involvement of a glycerophosphate compound in auxin-induced growth. Planta 99: 56-62.
4. Neumann PM 1974. Senescence of attached bean leaves accelerated by sprays of silicone oil antitranspirant. Plant Physiology. 53: 638-640.
5. Neumann PM , Prinz R. 1974. Evaluation of surfactants for use in the spray treatment of iron chlorosis in citrus trees. J. of Sci. Fd. Agric. 25: 221-226.
6. Neumann PM , Prinz R. 1974. The effects of organosilicone surfactants in nutrient sprays on increased adsorption of phosphate and iron salts through stomatal penetration. Israel J.of Agri. Res. 23: 123-128.
7. Neumann PM, Prinz R. 1975. Reduction by surfactants of leaf burn and a salt induced inhibition of the effect. J. of Sci. Fd. Agric. 26: 909-914.
8. Neumann PM, Prinz R. 1975 Foliar iron spray potentiates growth of seedlings on iron free media. Plant Physiology. 55: 988-992.
9. Weinbaum S, Neumann PM. 1977. Uptake and metabolism of 15N labelled KNO3 by French Prune (Prunus domestica L.) leaves and the effects of two surfactants. J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci. 102: 601-604.
10. Neumann PM, Doss R, Sachs RM. 1977 A new laboratory method used for investigating uptake translocation and metabolism of bark banded morphactin by trees. Physiologia Plantarum 39: 248-251.
11. Neumann PM, Backhaus R, Doss R, Sachs RM. 1977 Site of in-vivo regulation of tree stem elongation by bark banded morphactins. Physiologia Plantarum. 40: 55-58.
12. Doss R, Neumann PM, Backhaus R, Sachs RM. 1977 Bark banding of the Pinus radiata D with morphactin (1T3456). Influence on trunk anatomy in the region of the band. Physiologia Plantarum 39: 280-284.
13. Naim R, Neumann PM. 1978 Mechanisms of senescence induction by silicone oil. Physiologia Plantarum. 42: 65-70.
14. Neumann PM 1979. Supply of micronutrients to apple trees via the bark . Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal.10: 1481-1494.
15. Neumann PM, Giskin M. 1979 Late season foliar fertilisation of beans with NPK and S: effects of cytokinins, calcium and spray frequency. Commun. Soil Sci.Plant. Anal. 10: 579-589.
16. Neumann PM 1979 Rapid evaluation of foliar fertilizer-induced damage:NPKS on corn. Agron J. 71: 598-602.
17. Neumann PM, Zur B, Ehrenreich Y. 1981 Gelatin-based sprayable foam as a skin substitute. J. Biomed. Mat. Res. 15: 9-18.
18. Neumann PM, Ehrenreich Y, Golab Z. 1981 Foliar fertiliser damage to corn leaves: relation to cuticular penetration. Agronomy J. 73: 978-982.
19. Neumann PM 1982. Late season foliar fertilization with macronutrients – Is there a theoretical basis for increased seed yields? J. Plant Nutrition. 5: 1209-1215
20. Neumann PM, Golab Z. 1983. Comparative effects of mono- and dipotassium phosphates on cell leakiness in corn leaves. J. Plant Nutrition. 6: 275-282.
21. Neumann PM, Tucker AT, Nooden LD. 1983 Characterisation of leaf senescence and pod development in soybean explants. Plant Physiology 72: 182-185
22. Neumann PM, Nooden LD. 1983 Interaction of mineral and cytokinin supply in control of leaf senescence and seed growth in soybean explants. J. Plant Nutrition. 6: 735-742
23. Neumann PM, Stein Z. 1983. Xylem transport and the regulation of leaf metabolism. What’s New in Plant Physiology 14: 33-36
24. Neumann PM, Nooden LD. 1984. Pathway and regulation of the transport of 32P phosphate to the pods of soybean explants. Physiologia Plantarum 60:166-170
25. Neumann PM, Stein Z. 1984. Relative rates of delivery of xylem solutes to shoot tissues: Possible relationship to sequential leaf senescence. Physiologia Plantarum. 62: 390-397
26. Neumann PM, Stein Z. 1986 Ion supply capacity of roots in relation to rejuvenation of primary leaves in-vivo. Physiologia Plantarum 67: 97-101
27. Neumann PM, Chamel A. 1986 Comparative phloem mobility of nickel in non- senescent plants. Plant Physiology 81: 689-691
28. Chamel A, PM Neumann 1987 Foliar absorption of nickel: Determination of its cuticular behaviour using isolated cuticles. J. Plant Nutrition. 10: 99-110
29. Shaviv A, Hagin J, Neumann PM. 1987 Effects of a nitrification inhibitor on efficiency of nitrogen utilization by wheat and millet. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal.18: 815-833
30. Neumann PM 1987 Sequential leaf senescence and correlatively controlled increases in xylem flow resistance. Plant Physiology 83: 941-944
31. Neumann PM, Van Volkenburgh E, Cleland RE. 1988 Salinity stress reduces bean leaf expansion and turgor but not cell wall extensibility. Plant Physiology 88: 233-237
32. Shaviv A, Chazan O, Neumann PM, Hagin J .1990 Increasing salt tolerance of wheat by mixed ammonium nitrate nutrition J. Plant Nutrition., 13: 1227-1239
33. Evlagon D, Ravina I, Neumann PM. 1990. Interactive effects of salinity and calcium on osmotic adjustment, hydraulic conductivity and growth in primary roots of maize eedlings. Israel J. Botany 39: 239-247
34. Zidan I, Azaizeh H, Neumann PM. 1990. Does salinity reduce growth in maize root epidermal cells by inhibiting their capacity for cell wall acidification? Plant Physiology 93: 7-11
35. Zidan I, Jacoby B, Ravina I, Neumann PM. 1991 Sodium does not compete with calcium in saturating plasma membrane sites regulating 22Na influx in salinized maize oots. Plant Physiology 96: 331-334
36. Evlagon D, Ravina I, Neumann PM. 1992 Effects of salinity stress and calcium on hydraulic conductivity and growth in maize seedling roots. (Special proceedings issue of US/Israel workshop on roots, Cornell,1990) J. Plant Nutrition 15:795-803
37. Zidan I, Shaviv A, Ravina I, Neumann PM. 1992 Does salinity reduce maize leaf growth by reducing tissue concentrations of essential mineral nutrients? J. Plant Nutrition. 15: 1407-1419
38. Neumann PM, Leon D. 1992 Physical restraints underlying short term inhibition by auxin of root elongation in intact maize seedlings. J Plant Growth Regulation. 11:119-123
39. Etzion O, Neumann PM. 1993. Screening for phyto-toxic contaminants in an industrial source of nutrients intended for foliar and root fertilization. J.Plant Nutrition 16(8) 1385-1394
40. Neumann PM. 1993 Rapid and reversible modifications of extension capacity of cell walls in elongating maize leaf tissues responding to root addition and removal of NaCl. Plant Cell & Environment 16: 1107-1114
41. Neumann PM, Azaizeh H, Leon D. 1994 Hardening of root cell walls: A growth inhibitory response to salinity stress. Plant Cell & Environment 17: 303-309
42. Chazen O, Neumann PM. 1994 Hydraulic signals from the roots and rapid cell wall hardening in growing maize leaves, are primary responses to PEG induced water deficits. Plant Physiology 104: 1385-1392
43. Neumann PM 1995. The role of cell wall adjustment in plant resistance to water deficits. Crop Science 35:1258-1266
44. Chazen O, Hartung W, Neumann PM. 1995 The different effects of PEG 6000 and NaCl on leaf development are associated with differential inhibition of root water transport. Plant Cell & Environment 18:727-735
45. Snir N, Neumann PM. 1997 Mineral nutrient supply, cell-wall adjustment and the control of leaf growth. Plant Cell & Environment 20: 239-246
46. Neumann P. 1997 Salinity resistance and plant growth revisited. Plant Cell & Environment 20: 1193-1198
47. Bogoslavsky L , Neumann PM. 1998 Rapid regulation by acid-pH of cell-wall adjustment and leaf growth, in intact maize plants responding to reversal of water stress. Plant Physiology. 118: 701-709
48. Lu Z , Neumann PM.1998 Water stressed maize, barley and rice seedlings show species specific diversity in mechanisms of leaf growth inhibition. J Experimental Botany 49: 1945-1952
49. Lu Z , Neumann PM. 1999 Low cell wall extensibility can limit maximum leaf growth rates in rice. Crop Science 39: 126-130
50. Lu Z, Neumann PM. 1999 Water stress inhibits hydraulic conductance and leaf growth in rice seedlings but not transport of water via mercury sensitive water channels in the root. Plant Physiology 120: 143-152
51. Shalata A, Neumann PM..2001 Exogenous ascorbic acid (vitamin C) increases resistance to salt stress and reduces lipid peroxidation. J Experimental Botany 52: 2207-2211
52. Whiting SN, Neumann PM and. Baker AJM. 2003 Nickel and zinc hyper- accumulation by Alyssum murale and Thlaspi caerulescens (Brassicaceae) do not enhance survival and whole-plant growth under drought stress. Plant Cell and Environment . 26:351-360
53. Neumann P M., de Souza M P, Pickering IJ, Terry N. 2003 Rapid microalgal metabolism of selenate to volatile dimethylselenide. Plant Cell & Environment 26:897-905
54. Nerd A., Neumann PM. 2004 Phloem water transport maintains stem growth in a drought stressed crop cactus (Hylocerus undatus). J. Amer. Soc. Hort. Science 129: 486-490
55. Fan L, Neumann PM. 2004 The spatially variable inhibition by water deficit of maize root growth correlates with altered profiles of proton flux and cell wall pH. Plant Physiology 135:2291-2300
56. Bassani M, Neumann PM, Gepstein S. 2004 Differential expression profiles of growth related genes in the elongation zone of maize primary roots. Plant Molecular Biology, 56: 367-380
57. Comino E, Whiting S. N., Neumann P.M., Baker A. J.M. 2005 Salt (NaCl) tolerance in the Ni hyperaccumulator Alyssum murale and the Zn hyperaccumulator Thlaspi caerulescens. Plant and Soil, 270: 91-99
58. Lemcoff H, Fan L and Neumann PM 2006 Short episodes of water stress increase barley root resistance to radial shrinkage in a dehydrating environment. Physiologia Plantarum 127: 603-611. (Corrigendum 2007, Physiologia Plantarum 131: 354 )
59. Fan L, Linker R, Gepstein S, Tanimoto E, Yamamoto R, Neumann PM. 2006 Progressive inhibition by water deficit of cell wall extensibility and growth along the elongation zone of maize roots is related to increased lignin metabolism and progressive stelar accumulation of wall phenolics. Plant Physiology, 140: 603-612
60. Neumann P.M. 2007 Evidence for long distance xylem transport of signal peptide activity from tomato roots. J Experimental Botany 58: 2217-2223
61. Auslander M, Yudkovski Y, Chalifa-Caspi V, Herut B, Ophir R, Reinhardt R, Neumann P.M, Tom M. 2008. Pollution affected fish hepatic transcriptome and its expression patterns on exposure to cadmium. Marine Biotechnology 10:250-261
62. Linker R, Neumann PM. 2008 New directions for improving the management of agricultural soils. (Commentary). Plant and Soil 307:255-257
63. Neumann PM. 2008 Coping mechanisms for crop plants in drought prone environments. Annals of Botany (Invited review) 101:901-907
64. Asli S , Neumann PM 2009 Colloidal suspensions of clay or titanium dioxide nanoparticles can inhibit leaf growth and transpiration via physical effects on root water transport. Plant Cell & Environment 32: 577-584
65. Neumann P M, Weissman R, Stefano G , Mancuso S. 2010 Accumulation of xylem transported protein at pit membranes and associated reductions in hydraulic conductance J Experimental Botany 61:1711 -1717
66. Auslander M, Neumann PM, Tom M. 2010 The effect of tert-butyl hydroperoxide on hepatic transcriptome expression patterns in the striped sea bream (Lithognathus mormyrus; Teleostei). Free radical research 44:991-1003
67. Asli S, Neumann PM. 2010 Rhizosphere humic acid interacts with root cell walls to reduce hydraulic conductivity and plant development. Plant and Soil 336: 313-322